Mike, Peter and THE cake - dining with "My Friends in Boston"!
|Forget the forsythia and focus on the coconut cake!|
There is nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing, better than starting the day off with a massive piece of coconut cake. Unless, of course, it's ending a memorable day in Boston with this delectable treat. If you would like to taste an exquisite culinary creation, follow these instructions very carefully:
- Click over to my friend's blog: Mike's Short Attention Span Theater.
- Leave a comment saying that the Barefoot Contessa's coconut cake looks amazing.
- Arrange to be in Boston approximately 2 months later.
- Finagle an invitation for dinner at Mike and Peter's incredible penthouse loft.
- Sip white wine while admiring the stunning view of the city enhanced by the full moon.
- Enjoy a hearty meal of pork seasoned to perfection, roasted vegetables and Martha Stewart's Roasted Applesauce.
- Laugh, share blogging stories and travel tales, discuss the foibles of American politics and learn about some interesting movies.
- Pray, in a loud voice if necessary, that they serve coconut cake for dessert.
- Rejoice if they open one of the tall cabinets in the kitchen because that's where they keep the cake hidden from sight!
Final step: Gladly accept Mike and Peter's offer to take a piece of cake home with you. Try to remember your manners and not ask for a second piece. It will be difficult to show restraint! Wake up and eat the cake with your hands because Le Meridian doesn't supply their hotel guests with plastic forks. Lick your fingers clean. Sigh. Feel grateful to have met such wonderful people via HomeExchange three and a half years ago.
Edit: Want the recipe? Click here. If you make it at home, please remember to save a slice or two for me!
|Perfectly seasoned pork and roasted vegetables.|
|Martha Stewart's roasted applesauce.|
|And best of all - Mike and Peter, "my friends in Boston"!|