Love is in the air: lots of unique ideas for Valentine's Day in Paris
Whether you're single, married or divorced, there's a lot happening in Paris on February 14:
Feel like a star - For Valentine's Day, the RATP is offering you and the person of your choice a FREE glamor shot. Five Harcourt Studio photo cabins will be available from 12:00 - 6:00 pm at the following stations: Gare de Lyon, Denfert-Rochereau, Villejuif-Louis Aragon, La Motte Picquet-Grenelle and Jaurés.
One minute to "spread the love" at the Louvre: At precisely 14h14 (2:14 pm) on February 14, a flashmob will gather in front of the pyramid at the Louvre to kiss their lover, best friend, stuffed animal, dog or bicycle. Couples, families, friends - everyone is invited to share a minute of love. KISS Flashmob in Paris event page.
Follow your nose to love at the first Pheromone Party in Europe - Here's how it works:
1. Guests sleep in a clean, white, cotton t-shirt for 3 nights in a row to capture their odor print and bring this in a ziplock bag to the party.
2. Bags are labeled pink for girl, blue for boy. Each bag is assigned a number. Only the guest knows the number of their shirt.
3. Bags are placed on a table. Guests smell the bags at their leisure throughout the party.
4. If a guest finds the smell attractive, they take a picture with the bag at a photographer station. These pictures are projected as a slide show on the wall at the party.
5. If you see a picture of a guest you find attractive holding your number, this is the green light to talk to them.
6. At the end of the party, a facebook album is created and all of the pictures are tagged - so if you missed your match at the party, you can still contact them. Event website.
Find Beauty and not the Beast at Pathé Beaugrenelle - The cinema promises 50% women, 50% men and 100% encounters at the private screening of the French remake of "La Belle et la Bête". With champagne and popcorn to share and a "speed-dating" dinner, Valentine's Day 2014 may become your new, favorite romantic comedy. Event page on Facebook. (Edit: There are still some spots available for men but all of the ones for women are already full.)
A "suite" contest - The Shangri-La Paris is offering residents of France with a Facebook or Twitter account the chance to win a night for two in one of their deluxe suites. From February 10 to 13, you can enter the #SLParisLove contest by completing these steps:
1. Capture a photo of your most romantic spot in Paris.
2. Post it on your Facebook, Twitter or Instagram profile: your profile has to be public.
3. Include the contest hashtag #SLParisLove and tell us why it is your most romantic spot. More info on Facebook.
Say "Je t'aime" with a special Jeff Leatham bouquet - Give your sweetheart (or yourself!) an extra special bouquet of flowers from the Jeff Leatham Pop Up Flower Shop at the George V on February 14.
The language of love - Stroll through the romantic streets of Montemartre and have your photo taken in front of the Love Wall. Square Jehan Rictus, Place des Abbesses, 75018. M° Abbesses.
For more ideas, keep an eye on my Facebook page!
Did I miss an event? Please let me know so that I can include it.
La Tour d'Argent's Brut Rosé and Patrick Roger's chocolate lingerie