How to be a Parisienne: Margot's 10 Golden Rules
As promised in yesterday's post, here are Margot's humorous (but true!) "10 Golden Rules for Being a Parisian":
- Complain about your country and the weather of Paris (every Parisian does this but at the end of the day we all stay here...)
- Go for brunch every Sunday
- Try the new designed-by-a-famous-designer restaurant on Saturday evening
- Visit the latest temporary exhibition at Beaubourg or Le Grand Palais or...
- Watch the television program "Top Chef" on Monday evening
- Prefer the "Vélib" to the taxi - taxis are old fashioned, although some people will not agree with me ... :)
- Have an apéritif with your friends in a nice wine bar
- Get invitations for private sales - never go shopping during the official sales dates
- Do some sport, but not too much - body building is really not trendy
- Look "nonchalant"
French movies - La Piscine (The Swimming Pool) with Alain Delon and Romy Schneider, Nos Jours Heureux and Jeux d'enfants (Love Me If You Dare)
Music - Jenifer Bartoli, a French singer who got her start on the television show Star Academy and classical music.
Apps - OuBruncher, an app that lists all the best places to have brunch, Le Monde for news, 750 grammes for 77,000 recipes and le Tournedisque for music.